Wednesday, January 1, 2014

An eventful year

To describe year 2013 in one word was easy for me 'eventful'. I realize that the choice of this word told me more about my personality and the way I perceive this world. Eventful is the word I have used despite some very disturbing and challenging situations I had to face this year.

Appa passed away this May. I have been wanting to write a post on him and his demise but every time I sat down to write it words wouldn't come. It was obviously a highly emotionally charged experience and the first death of a dear one after I have grown to be mature enough to understand and 'feel' death.

Many asked if my choice to quit my job was a result of appa's demise. Maybe it was. Barely 4 months after the previous incident I put down my papers at the organization I have worked with for the past 6 years. Reason- I knew it was time to move. Maybe not move on but move away. I started working here soon after my college and have not known the outside world. It was a very tough decision to make because I knew I liked this place and I feared the bleak future without any other job in hand. Yet I made the decision and I am quite proud of myself for making the bold move.

Then came another equally tough decision of moving away from the people I love. I had to decide whether or not to move out of the city and live away from the husband. I chose to move out. The impact of that decision will be felt in 2014.

With all this I still chose to describe 2013 as eventful and not depressing or challenging or tough or emotionally charged, well that gave me a lot of confidence in myself.

Definitely 2014 is going to be better simply because I shall choose to make it so.

There is always something beautiful, even amidst chaos#mybelief

1 comment:

aparna said...

Proud of you m'lady for all the bold decisions!