Monday, January 19, 2009

odyssey-part 2

She was in love. He was not tall, not dark but was very handsome. He was short and well built. His smile made her dizzy. His voice was deep and resonant and every time she heard him sing / talk she had this image of some heavenly body (mostly a handsome centaur) singing earnestly to woo the love of his life. He was a little bit of the melancholic kind and it fit her perfectly well because she loved to assume the responsibility of making people happy. She believed that was her mission on earth, to make people smile, enjoy life and hopefully think that she is a goddess who deserves nothing less than worship.

This was how they proposed:
They were over the phone when the guy started singing. She literally melted. She then dropped her hook.
She: “Am sure you are in love. Nobody would sing so passionately if they weren’t in love.”
The fish was wary.
Him: “yeah I guess so. But forget it.”
The ‘feminine instinct’ in her told that he was in love and hoped that it would be her.
Dropping the hook further down, she asked: “am sure you do. Is this someone I know? Is it Tanya? Your cousin priyanka? No? then who?
The fish was temped.
Him: “what would you do if I say that it was someone related to you?”
Now the bait
She: “you don’t know any of my cousins. You know only me in my family.”
Aha the fish caught the worm!
Him: “Its you. I am in love with you.”
Wow, caught the fish successfully!!

That’s how she got him to propose to her. After all this you would expect her to have agreed immediately. Well no, come on, she s a woman who likes to have her share of fun. She told him she would get back to him after a day or two since this was such an unexpected proposal (yeah right, as if anyone would believe that).
She said, “don’t worry, I like you, I just need some more time to decide. This is never going to change our relationship though.”
Her unsaid, “you better wait for me ok. Don’t go assuming that I would say no. Also I need all the attention possible so be like how you are now.”

Then of course she accepted and the love story went for 8 whole years.

4 comments:

aparna said...

why does it seem like someone i know's story to me?

unpretentious said...

aparna:
u knows little...u knows more to come...half of it is fiction

Ganesh Jeyaraman said...

i don't know if it was meant to be funny - but it surely was.. and quite typical ... Good blog!

unpretentious said...

ganesh:
hey thanks:)well thats how a fiction goes, funny yet a little true to real life:)