Saturday, May 17, 2008

a better tomorrow

What do I really want?
This thought always taunts
My life seems so empty
Causing in me a sense of self-pity
To fill this void
I seek to avoid
My own inner fears
Which always manifest as tears
I smile I laugh I act
To the world, this is a fact
I need to break free, of what I do not know.
But I know I shall reap the fruits of what I sow
The hurt I cause, the hearts I break, the promises I don’t fulfill
I know in the end I shall be held responsible
Some say life is endless
I say mine seems listless
The fear and sorrow
I wish someone else would borrow
The pleasures and their reasons
Seem like illusions
I search for something I know not what
I hope there is a meaning to all this thought
But there is always a tomorrow
To take away all this sorrow
I shall be fresh in my thoughts and my actions will be fast
I shall laugh at all these thoughts past
I shall write a new story
Make my life happy and today a history

4 comments:

dharmabum said...

i think self pity is not good for us. it saps us, and keeps us stuck and drags us deeper into misery.

i also feel its best to overcome fears - i have learnt it that way. and the only way one can do that is by facing our fears, not by avoiding them.

i don't make promises in the first place - not even to myself. so theres nothing to fulfil.

i like the searchfor the unknown. and i believe there is never a tomorrow. cheers!

unpretentious said...

last line suthama puriyale as always:)

Z said...

But admitting to the self pity and knowing that's what it is can help to dispel it. That's one of the things that's good about blogging! We can say what we think at that moment and our friends will understand and sympathise.

unpretentious said...

Z:

exactly. the freedom of expression is something which this blog is giving me.

and who wouldnt want to be understood and accepted by their friends:)