I remember hitting the tuning fork and feeling it’s vibration moving along the fork to my body. The feeling was always exhilarating. The body hums with the vibration in tune with the fork. The body stops responding once the fork slows down to a stop.
Music is like that tuning fork. It elicits a reaction from somewhere deep within us. A vibe that responds to the every beat, every high, every low with a complimentary mood- a smile, a shake of the head, a tear or just a lost look. That is the response of the soul, the resonance of music with your mind.
From a teenage listening to music non-stop on cassettes, music stopped resonating somewhere along the way. I could not find it no matter how hard I searched. I never realised I was searching it in the music of others- something that did not touch me. It has taken me many years to realise that My music is mine alone. I cannot derive what another gets out of it. It has taken me long to realise that I prefer certain kinds of tuning forks, with a frequency that matches my inner self. I realised that my soul resonates not to any music but to my music only.
I am now aware of my frequency. Now I just have to find the right tuning forks to match me within.
Here is something that matches right now as I am writing this. I hope you always find music to match your frequency.
No comments:
Post a Comment