Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Expression of expressions




This is probably the first time I have felt like writing with absolutely no driving theme in mind. Nothing has driven me to write this except the urge to just write. Expression is something that I always attempt at. I do not know if I use the right words to express whether even there is thought clarity in what I want to express but I try my best to keep expressing both my feelings and thoughts. I just cannot stop myself from blurting out what I feel or showing on my face exactly how I feel. Not many people seem to do that. My husband is my subject based on which I am making this statement that there are some people who are content with not expressing how they feel. They wait for god knows what! There is not that person inside them bursting to come out in the open. The person inside them chooses to just sit back and relax. So there are many times when I have absolutely no clue how he or his father feels. Their expression is neutral and their response to something is almost always the same-silence or hmmm.
So this drive to express has put me in some very dangerous situations where naaney en thalaile manna vaari potirken (literally translated- I myself have put sand on my head ya). I have tried to learn from such situations and shut up but nohohoho! I can try to shut up as much as I want but that pushing force inside me is not at peace until I express. Does that bind me to my emotions? Yes! Very much. But my point is this, man seems to be the only living thing that can feel such a wide range of emotions which we know of course through his innumerable expressions. So when only we seem to be bestowed with this why suppress it?
Surpass emotions and be a Buddha like our religion say? No way! That will be like not using God given gift effectively. Well not exactly a gift when I roll my eyes at some of the absurd ideas that some of my clients come up with during our meetings…still…
So here I have, expressed some of my thoughts about expressions. I can see the urge has ebbed away a bit. Should I stop or completely drain it out?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that's how you are, just be. Don't expect responses from anyone, for that's how they are. Let them be too.

Anonymous said...

I think expression is a natural urge for humans. People do it in different ways.

On a different note, I am smiling at the comment from Anon here :)

unpretentious said...

@anon-true:) but if people choose not to express then what is the point in being with another? One might as well live alone!
@debum-are u sure that everyone expresses? V need to talk:)

Anonymous said...

Anon here - No need to be alone. Be with someone who likes to express, or Accept the 'silent' expression (read the body language) from the one who wants to keep it that way.

unpretentious said...

@anon-seems easier said than done!

Anonymous said...

Maybe expression is difficult for some. Strange, we always want people to change for us, for it is difficult for us to change, or even more to just be and let be. Will stop with this. Anon.

unpretentious said...

:) will look fwd to more such conversations with you on my future posts!