So this is the where I am with no educational qualification to be doing what I am doing. Fortunately for me my skills were recognized and valued in the organization rather than my educational qualification. I can proudly say I am not one who is trained to do the work I am doing yet I am pretty decent at it.
What if I want to change my job at some point of time in life? “the entire world will be open to you” someone told me. Is that true? Let me take some possible areas that I would wish to explore in this whole ‘open’ world and see which of this will truly be open for me-an unqualified instructional designer who goes by pure logic, an unqualified content developer who generates activity purely on creativity, an unqualified teacher trainer who tends to talk more instead of letting the audience talk and an unqualified researcher who has never written a research paper even in dreams.
Instructional designing- it is a pain to remember innumerable theories and names of people who proposed them. Now that is the first thing an interviewer would ask me and guess what yours faithfully has no clue about these theories or the theorists except. Wait a minute! I know Gagne. What was his theory you ask? It was…umm…something to do with ID…ummm… FAIL!
Teacher training- I get so angry when the first question teachers ask you is when the session will get over. It maybe a good idea not to be in a field that brings out the violence in you don’t you think?
Research- I have just one argument against this. I have no clue what it is! Minus marks!
Content development- this maybe a little interesting. Negative that it is a desk job which I am trying to move away from. Just pass!
Conclusion: i have no passport to the world beyond!
No comments:
Post a Comment