Fundamental rights of every Indian
Article 19: Protection of certain rights regarding freedom of speech, etc.
(1) All citizens shall have the right
(a) to freedom of speech and expression;’
Then why don’t people exercise this right to its fullest? All of us are constantly afraid of what the other person may think when we say this or that. Why do I constantly live in the fear of my loved ones not accepting me when I say something that 'they' think I ought not to say for God-knows-what-reason?
I think it is the deep set fear of being judged, which probably started in our schools. I remember in my school my teachers used to say “oh she has something to say for everything but when it comes to studies she won’t open her mouth. Even if she says something it will always be wrong” that sort of developed in me a kind of shyness and fear in expressing what I think I know in academics or anything vaguely intellectual for that matter (which is not much though).
Then there was this time when one of my good friends told me “you know you hurt people a lot. Your tongue is like a whip. It is so hard being with you.” That was completely unexpected but the idiot that I am, I went to every friend of mine and asked them if they thought this was true. Many said yes and many said no but the damage was already done. This was the next cause of this fear of mine to express what I feel.
From then on I ve always tried to be very careful in what I say. Many of what I want to think I don’t even tell to my parents or my closest friends for fear of being judged and damaging my image (whether good or bad).
But recently I have found this friend who seems not to judge me by what I say instead he just acknowledges and accepts me for what I am. And what a relief it is to be able to speak your mind to someone whom you know will still love you no matter what you say or do and not feel hurt by the same.
Am happy I found someone like this to be my friend. I wish this relationship stays for a long time to come. Insha Allah
-----------------
It's good to shut up sometimes.
1 comment:
inshallah :)
Post a Comment