I lost all my contacts on the phone this new year. I chose 30th of Dec to play the dumb woman who does not know how to use technology and clicked on 'return to factory settings and delete all data' on my smart phone. Not at all a smart move. I wish the smart phone had been smarter and understood that I was doing it by mistake, but no. it thought I was this educated user and promptly obeyed my command. so poof! all my phone numbers gone, my pictures gone, my messages gone and every trace of 2014 gone with it.
As I am trying to find out the phone numbers of friends I am filtering. there are some people whose phone numbers and contact I am grateful to have lost for seeing them every time reminded me that I once had these people in my life and have no interest in getting back in touch with them. I think of some of those deleted messages I had saved which made me wonder if I am masochistic. all those crazy, painful messages that made me feel bad about myself are now deleted and gone:) and thankfully I don't remember them. thankfully I wont by chance browse through my phone and see those messages for they are now permanently deleted. So maybe, just maybe, the smart phone is indeed smart and it knew that I need to start afresh.
2014 royally screwed me. no actually 2013 started it and 2014 took it to new levels. I treasure memories. They are both pleasant and unpleasant like everybody else's. But I safeguard them and keep them fresh from time to time. I find it too difficult to discard them. There are memories which are not worth reliving but I just find it difficult to push them away (my masochistic tendency). But sometimes pressing the delete button without even seeing what junk or treasure is inside helps big time. For one can start afresh.
I ended yesterday seeing the innumerable greeting cards I had collected for over 20years now. Some brought back fond memories and some...well some I did not even know who gave or when it was given to me but they r there in my treasure box. that is how my memories of 2014 have been. these memories take up so much space in my system that I have no space for newer ones.
It is time to hit the delete button on these memories. the fact that I do not have much proof of these memories on my phone and comp now will definitely help me move into 2015 more confidently.
May this year make me constantly refresh my life, delete unwanted stuff and retain only happy memories. I am sure like every year this year is going to be better than the last.
Happy new year:)
2 comments:
Happy New year girl. :) Wishing you the best always. Always. Hugs. Prabha.
Yengirunthaalum... Yengalai vendaam endru neengal sonnalum... Naangall unngalley patri yosippom... Yungallakku nallathey amayattum endru vendi kollvom!
All the best, dear friend.
Post a Comment